Sunday, January 5, 2014

World Traveller

Well, it's here.  In about two hours, I'll be on a plane (a big one!) that will be crossing an ocean (it's big too!) and when I wake up, I will be in London.

Yep, that's a window seat.  

Will wonders never cease to amaze?

I have been worrying, praying, pondering, thinking, worrying some more and then, praying some more about this day.   And it is finally here.

I've said goodbye to family members and loved on some sweet, sweet babies, miraculously packed enough* for my four months, coordinated what happens when I land, pondered what this journey would have been like in the 1900's with my sister, and even found some time late last night to see an amazing animated movie (GO SEE FROZEN.  IT'S AMAZING.).

So it's here.

I'm sitting in Boston Logan at one of the VERY FEW electric sources and crossing my fingers the internet signal stays strong so I can post a picture of SNOW.  (I was so warm from the heat of the plane and airport, I really did just stand outside for a spell.  It felt glorious.)

SNOW! (Boston)
So I'm here.  And I am so grateful for this time and space that I find myself in.

And even with all the anxieties and fears (there will be a post about this!) upon my heart, I know this is going to be one heck of an adventure.

So join my squirrel sanitizer and flashlight buddy, Olaf**, and I as we begin.


Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Praise God all creatures here below; 
Praise God above ye heavenly hosts,
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. 
Amen.






*I know I packed enough...I'm feeling very American and needy and wanting to bring everything that I love and find comfortable.  But I didn't.

**Olaf, much like the Olad in Frozen, loves warm hugs.





No comments:

Post a Comment